Do you have to live through very cold or very hot seasons? Are you aware how dry air impacts on your skin? What if you moisturized the air with the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair? Get a humidifier and experience how moisturized air changes the way you breath, sleep, feel and look.
What you get in this guide
- VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier Ultrasonic – Wood grain
- Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (6L) for a large room:
- Vicks VUL520P Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier for small rooms
- Honeywell GermFree HCM-350: humidifier that kills 99% fungus/ mold an filters out the white dust
- Levoit hybrid 6L: warm and cool mist Ultrasonic humidifier
- Fancii Cool Mist mini Personal- great for travel
- MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier: humidifier with a 360° rotatable mist nozzle
- Vicks V745A: humidifier producing warm mist
|VicTsing Ultrasonic||cool mist/essential oil||300ml||8 hours||More info|
|Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic||cool mist/essetial oil||6L||50 hours||More info|
|Vicks Mini Filter Free Ultrasonic||cool mist/ menthol vapours||0.5 gal||20 hours||More info|
|Honeywell germ free Evaporative||cool mist||1 gal||24 hours||More info|
|Levoit ultasonic||warm /cool mist||6L||36 hours||More info|
|MistAire Ultrasonic||cool||1.5 L||16 hours||More info|
|Fancii Personal travel ultrasonic||cool||water bottle 16-20 Oz||8 hours||More info|
|Vicks||warm mist / medical vapors||1 gal||12 hours||More info|
How can you tell your skin, throat, mouth and hair is dry (Symptoms)
Observe and feel your skin for; Source
- Does the skin feel tight?
- Is it looking reddish, rough, gray or ashy?
- Does it itch?
- Could it be flaking, scaling or peeling
- Have you have noted lines, wrinkles or deep cracks?
You may treat the above symptoms at home. However, severe dryness may lead to serious itching, inflammation, cracking and infection and thus the need to see a doctor.
What causes dry skin
Exposure to dry conditions
Are you living in a very dry low humidity or cold climate? Either extreme will dry out the skin,
Exposure to heat
Could you be heating your space via central heating, wood-burning stoves, room heaters, fireplaces etc.
Do you love taking hot showers/baths? Keep the water warm and bath time short (10 minutes).
Are you exposed to the hot sun for long and without protection? Of course, you need the sun exposure but take care not to directly over-expose the skin.
Exposure to hard water harsh chemicals or beauty regimes
Could you be using hard water often?
Are you be using a harsh soap/shampoo as you bath/shower?
Do you use harsh detergents when cleaning clothes/dishes/ floor etc. Keep away from the harsh products as they strip your skin of oils and leave it dry.
Are your skin care products fragranced? Please note that the synthetic/natural fragrances dry the skin. Also be on the look-out for other irritating ingredients in skin care products.
How often do you swim in a heavily chlorinated pool?
Do you scrub your skin and could you be possibly overdoing it?
Could you be predisposed to certain skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis?
Are you allergic to certain foods/ seasonal conditions?
Could you be living on the “other side of 40”? As you get older, the higher the chances of having a dry skin.
How can you prevent the skin from getting excessively dry
So, how can you protect your skin from getting excessively dry? Try these tips;
- Limit exposure to heat whether environmental or hot water.
- Cover your skin. Wear protective covering to protect against the cold or use sunscreen when exposed to the sun
- Skip the harsh products or use rubber gloves when using them
- Drink enough water
- Use the right skin products
- Get the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair
What causes a dry throat
- Not drinking enough water
- Exposure to dry air
- Sleeping with open mouth or breathing through the nose
- Health conditions such as colds, flus, tonsillitis, strep throat, acid reflux etc
How do you treat the dry throat
- Keep your body well hydrated
- Make sure the air is well moisturized using a best humidifier for dry dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair
- Consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment of the health conditions mentioned above
What are the symptoms of dry hair?
- Does the hair have split ends
- Is it coarse?
- Does it look dull
- Is it breaking easily?
How do you then prevent your hair from drying
- Keep the hair and scalp well-conditioned and moisturized
- Go slow on heat styling and when you do, use a thermal protector
- Avoid frequent washing and when you must, use mild shampoo
- Keep away from prolonged exposure to hot sun-rays, wind or dry air
- Avoid contact with harsh chemicals such as chlorine or salt
- Ensure the air in your environment humidified using the best humidifier for dry hair
As already mentioned above , running a humidifier is one ways to prevent dry skin, throat eyes hair or mouth. T
his is because the unit will add moisture into the air and thus prevent the effects of the dry air on these organs.
While at it, note that the recommended humidity level in the air is between 30-50 percent (Source energystardotgov.) You can use a hygrometer to measure the humidity levels and then run the humidifier to maintain the recommended levels.
Should the hygrometer readings show that the humidity level is beyond 50%, you may need to set aside the the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair. Then use a dehumidifier instead to mop up the excess moisture.
Apart from dealing with the dry skin, nose, throat, mouth or eyes, the moistened air mad possible via a humidifier will also assist in;
- Thinning out mucus when you are experiencing congestion and thus making it easy to expel
- Reduces cough severity
- Assists in faster healing of sinuses
- Allows you to have a good night of sleep as you enjoy optimal breathing functionality when the air is moist
- Assists in relieving other respiratory tract infections such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis etc
- According to a study by Environmental Health and Engineering (Environmental Health 2010, 9:55) found that the presence of a portable humidifier increases the sleep time.
- Babies also love the white noise from the humidifier for dry skin which acts as a lullaby. Furthermore, the white noise drowns out noises in the environment enabling the baby to sleep comfortably.
- The above mentioned study also found that the humidifies environment also resulted in a decrease in the influenza virus survival on the surfaces and air in the bedroom
- Dry air also increases the incidence of static shock that you experience when you touch something. The moisture from the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair decreases that incidence.
- The moist air is also great for furniture, furnishings and the plants.
Monitor the humidity as high levels may turn the environment into a good breeding ground for unhealthy microorganisms such as bacteria and mold amongst others.
Unclean water or humidifier or filter may also increase the growth of germs. Clean the humidifier as per manufacturer instructions.
The white dust mainly diffused by ultrasonic filter-less humidifiers may be a health issue. To reduce the incidence of white/gray dust, use distilled rather than regular tap water.
Spilled water when refilling the water tank should be immediately mopped up to avoid accidents.
Possible scalding /burning when using warm mist humidifiers.
Tripping over the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair if wrongly placed in highly trafficked areas or within children’s reach.
Your Room size
Many a humidifier users get disappointed that the unit is not ably serving their rooms. However, did they confirm that the unit has the capacity for serving the size of the room? To avoid finding yourself in this scenario, get the correct measurement (length by width) of your room in square feet and compare against the manufacturer’s size recommendation. If your room has a high ceiling, this translates to more space and thus you require a more powerful humidifier for dry eyes.
Humidifier tank capacity
How often do you want to be refilling the reservoir? Check out how long the water tank lasts.
Is the humidifier easy to operate?
Get that best humidifier for dry skin, throat, eyes and hair which is easy to operate. Can you adjust mist direction to your desired target?
Depending on your choice of humidifier, your energy costs may increase. The warm mist humidifiers need more power to heat the water.
Factor in the filter replacements costs for the filter humidifiers.
For the filter free humidifiers, factor in the distilled water cost.
How easy is it to clean the humidifier
A dirty unit is a good breeding ground for bacteria, mold and other disease causing micro-organisms. The easy to clean best humidifier for dry skin, throat, nose, mouth or hair should ideally have a larger tank opening.
Where possible, let the unit have easy to dismantle and dishwasher safe parts.
Could you be allergic to dust or have sinus problems or asthma?
You may need to keep off humidifiers that emit white /gray dust which may aggravate the allergy, asthma or sinus or even cause a flare up.
The ultrasonic humidifiers that do not have filters are more often the culprits. The filter removes minerals from the water before the mist is diffused in the air.
Evaporative or steam humidifier (though noisier) are better in the white dust management. However, there are ultrasonic units that have filters or accept demineralization cartridges in the tank.
While at it, go through user reviews to confirm the manufacturer’s filter quality promise.
Energy saving /safety
Does the humidifier for dry hair have an auto shutoff feature? The humidifier which is designed to automatically shut off when the tank runs dry protects the motor from burning out fast as well as reducing the energy bill.
Would you want to diffuse essential oil/ medical vapor?
Would you like to change the ambiance in the room or ease some medical condition such as colds, congestion etc.?
Then choose the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair that diffuses medical vapors or essential oils.
1.VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier Ultrasonic – Wood grain Essential oil /best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair
This ultrasonic technology quiet, cool mist humidifier diffuses ultra-fine and smooth mist. Depending on how long you want to use it, you can set it on any of the 4 Time Setting Modes; 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours and continuous.
Moreover you can choose between strong and standard mist. Press the “Mist” button to choose the timing preferred.
You get to choose from 7 Soothing LED Light and each of the colors can be set on dim or bright. However, you can choose to run the humidifier without the light. If you love the changing lights, you get to enjoy 14 soothing colors or set it to one fixed color.
Water tank refilling
This small room aroma diffuser / humidifier water tank capacity is 300ml and disperses 6-8 hours of continuous mist. To refill, just lift the lid add water and essential oils and turn the unit on. Just ensure you do not add water above the max line as the unit works better with water below this line.
Your safety and that of the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair is taken care of as the unit automatically shuts down when the water runs out.
Essential oil use
Add a few drops of essential oils of choice in the water but make sure that you use water soluble oils.
VicTsing 300ml humidifier is easy to clean. Use a white vinegar solution and clean cloth or cotton ball to wipe the unit once a week.
Compact design that fits in a small space
Wood grain fits in any decor
Quiet ultrasonic technology
You can take advantage of the 45 days money-back and 12-month worry-free warranty.
- Cute humidifier that diffuses lots of mist plus an amazing smell as desired
- Easy to use
- This humidifier for dry nose is a quiet operator
- Compact design
- Wood texture a beauty and blends with any decor
- The subtle glow light can be turned off
- Great customer service. A number of reviewers who had placed negative rating have upgraded their reviews courtesy of the great customer service
- beeping sound made by the buttons and at the end of run cycle may disturb sleep
Want to know if this humidifier fits within your budget?
2. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist (6L): Essential oil diffuser/ humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair for a large room
This is a high capacity unit and serves rooms up to 400 square feet.
Expect 270ml/hr. of super high mist. This humidifier for dry throat uses ultrasonic technology and thus silent. To control the amount of mist, you just need to turn the knob located on the front clockwise.
Moreover, you can direct the mist to whichever direction desired using the 360 degree rotating nozzle.
You will simply love the 6 liter (1.6 gal) tank capacity. The huge capacity allows the everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier to diffuse powerful continuous mist for up to 50 hours!
You can refill with regular tap water unless the water is hard in which case you use distilled water. The AUTO SHUT OFF feature ensures that the unit automatically turns off when water runs out.
Many of us love to have our spaces smelling good or you need medical scents to alleviate cold, sinus, asthma etc. symptoms . This humidifier for dry skin, throat nose, eyes, and hair has a small tray on the side near the base of the unit for this purpose.
Just add your preferred essential oils to the tray and the fan will circulates the oils into the mist.
Dealing with airborne viruses and bacteria
The antibacterial, antimicrobial, hypoallergenic natural ionizer and vaporizer comes in greatly to help alleviate allergies, sinuses, coughs, cold symptoms.
Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (6L) has an auto shut off feature that’s shuts down the dry throat humidifier when water runs out keeping You and machine safe.
Save on costs as you do not have to replace filters.
Blue LED nightlight which can be turned on or off as desired whether this humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair is on or off
2 year warranty
- Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (6L) Large easy to fill tank effectively diffuses continuous mist for up to 50 hours
- You will also love the directional spouts
- Essential oil function
- Some users do not like the flipping down of the water tank when refilling
- You cannot preset the humidity level
- White dust as the humidifier is filter free… use distilled or de-mineralized water
Want to know if this dry skin humidifier fits within your budget?
3. Vicks VUL520P Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier: for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair designed for small rooms
Looks lovingly compact, doesn’t it?
Vicks VUL520PCool Mist Humidifier is a mini-designed for Small rooms
This quiet ultrasonic humidifier diffuses cool, visible mist. To adjust the mist output, use the knob.
Rest easy…No filters required for this humidifier that keeps your eyes from drying but moist.
This humidifier is efficiently supplies you with 20 hours of continuous mist on low from the detachable 0.5-gallon tank.
Moreover, the detachable tank has a wide opening making it easy to refill.
The tank also comes with a handle for easy portability.
In addition, this humidifier for dry skin has a translucent tank which means that you can easily monitor the water levels. All the same, this humidifier auto shuts off when the reservoir is empty.
Cleaning the Vicks VUL520P Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
The wide opening makes it easy to clean. Give this humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair a thorough cleaning every week to prevent the dreaded bacteria / mold growth.
Follow the manufacturer instructions. Make sure that the cleaning solution also gets into the mist tube.
- Caught a cold? Or sinus/ asthma? You get to make use of the integrated scent pad heater and inhale the soothing menthol vapors from the Vicks VapoPads (sample pad included. For the soothing menthol vapors, choose VSP-19 pad. If you need to just enjoy a calm sleep, the VBR-5 pad diffuses lavender and rosemary scent.
- Enjoy the soft glow night light feature from this humidifier as you also prevent a dry throat
- Fits in a small space
- Choose from blue or pink colors
- Great mist
- VapoPads for soothing menthol vapors relieves the sinuses/ asthma/cold symptoms. You may also use the calming scents
- Great for small spaces
- Silent operator
- Only for small rooms
- Some water leakage when you pick up tank for refill
- Fine white residue as there is no filter. Use distilled water to avoid the dust especially when dealing with a cold, sinuses or asthma
Want to know if this humidifier that prevents your skin, nose, eyes, throat from drying fits within your budget?
4. Honeywell GermFree HCM-350: humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair that kills 99% fungus/ mold and filters out the white dust
Honeywell GermFree HCM-350 serves a medium room
Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier will serve you cool invisible mist. The unit uses Evaporative Technology to blow moisture off a wicking filter, helping it evaporate into the air quickly.
To control the moisture output, choose from 3 speed settings. Moreover, this humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair unit has an automatic moisture balance system.
Honeywell has been designed to deal with micro-organisms that may be in tap water such as fungus, mold and bacteria. A patented Ultra-Violet light technology kills up to 99.9% of the micro-organisms which means that the diffused moisture is germ free.
The humidifier’s wicking antimicrobial treated filter removes the impurities in the water and thus reduces the white/gray dust emission. For best effect, make sure you replace the filter, with the one recommended by the manufacturer.
To deal with noise, the dry skin humidifier’s QuietCare Technology runs up to 25% quieter.
The 1 gallon tank will provide you with 24 hours of continuous cool mist on low setting.
To refill, get a hold of the recessed handle, remove the tank (easy to remove), flip it upside down and fill it from the large opening.
This is a unit whose water tank opening is large and thus easy to clean. Maintaining this room humidifier for dry mouth is all the more easier given that the parts that require cleaning are dishwasher safe.
- Invisible mist
- Easy quiet operation
- Germ free moisture given the UV light anti-microbial property
- Keep your skin moist without aggravating sinuses or asthma as this humidifier does not emit white dust
- This humidifier comes with dishwasher safe parts
- Filter replacements
- No essential oil diffusion
Want to know if this dish washer safe humidifier fits within your budget?
5. Levoit hybrid ultrasonic 6L: The humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair diffusing warm and cool mist
The unit ids designed for large rooms up to 280 square feet (20-30meter squared)
Would you prefer warm or cool mist? Levoit hybrid dispenses cool and warm mist as desired. You also get to increase the humidity levels 25% more than those units that diffuse cool mist only. And, you can choose from three different settings.
Furthermore, you can set the humidity level as desired between 40 and 80 using the inbuilt humidistat.
Additionally, this best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair comes with a smart auto mode. This mode automatically senses the actual humidity in the surrounding and thus diffuses the correct amount of mist that will adjust that humidity to the desired/ set level in the shortest time.
By pressing the mist setting once, twice or thrice, you set the output to low, medium and high respectively.
To start, press the humidistat button once. Keep pressing to set humidity level you want (40-80). Once this level is reached, Levoit cool and warm mist humidifier will shut down until the air humidity level in the room goes 5% below the set level.
Should you need to time this hybrid humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair , use the inbuilt timer button to set ON/OFF at the desired time.
For warm mist press the warm mist button. Cool mist is activated by pressing the AUTO button.
Designed as a large room humidifier, Levoit cool and warm mist has a big 6L capacity tank. You get to enjoy 20 to 36 hours of continuous cool or warm mist as desired.
Since this tank fills from the bottom, you need to lift it from base and flip it over. You then unscrew cap fill and use the small carry handle on top. Remember to properly screw the cap to prevent leakage.
Should the water level get low, you get a “low water level” icon displayed and then the unit automatically shuts off.
Distilled water is always recommended. When you use tap water, expect more build up on tank surfaces and thus the need for more frequent cleaning.
It is also good to note that the Water tank is less breakable courtesy of the ABS plastic material used. The special leak proof design is also a great plus.
Cleaning Levoit cool and warm mist humidifier
For easy cleaning, the humidifier comes with 2 descaling pads and a cleaning brush.
It is recommended that you clean the unit every week following the manufacturer’s detailed and clear instructions. In summary, disconnect tank and give the tank a 20-30 minutes soak with a 50:50 vinegar/water solution. This humidifier for dry eyes has a wide opening which makes it easy to thoroughly clean and then dry using a soft dry cloth.
The filter also needs to be cleaned or replaced as advised. Remember to wipe off the interior base.
Should you want an easier and faster cleaning process, use distilled water.
In case of build-up, make use of the scaling pad provided.
Rinse the other humidifier parts in the vinegar solution
Remember to also clean the aroma pad.
Allow all parts to dry out.
Do not use detergents.
While at it, if you were using the warm mist function, allow the humidifier to cool before cleaning.
It is advised that you place this best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair on an elevated surface like a table, desktop, nightstand etc. If you must place it on a wooden floor, place a towel underneath.
Essential oil diffuser
For that desired fragrance, add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to the aroma box at the base.
You will love the easy to operate touch control panel.
Can you Imagine setting/ adjusting the various settings from 16 feet (5 meters) away using the remote control?
You will appreciate the inbuilt timer that you can set to count down to the time you want the unit to shut off. You can set this time anywhere between 1-12 hours as desired.
Moreover, you can diffuse essential oils by adding some drops of your oils choice on the aroma pad.
Furthermore, the special leak proof design sorts out leaking issues.
Additionally, the unit is CE and ETL Certified.
And you get a one year warranty. Plus another year once you register and lifetime support- Wow!
- Your choice—warm or cool mist
- 50 hours of continuous mist
- This humidifier for dry skin as a leak proof design
- Enjoy the essential oils
- Remote control convenience
- Whisper quiet operation
- White dust noted when using hard water
- Some users seem to have issues with Humidity sensor accuracy
Want to know if this humidifier fits within your budget?
Beautiful, isn’t it?
This is a personal portable humidifier best used on flights, in the bedroom, car, office, hotel, or tent.
The humidifier uses PureMist ultrasonic technology to diffuse smooth mist. You can carry this cordless and compact unit in your purse, suitcase or backpack to wherever you fancy.
You also get an adjustable timer allow you to set the time you want the humidifier to run (2, 4, or 6 hours). Fancii Cool Mist Personal Mini Humidifier has a pre-set automatic shut-off at 8 hours.
It also has an Intelligent protection when the water bottle runs out.
Moreover, you can power it via 3 AA batteries or USB. Depending on the AA battery strength, the power can last up to 18 hours.
The USB gives you a better performance. Plug the cable into a USB source such as power-bank, laptop or wall adapter.
To prevent white dust, Fancii comes with 3 WX2 Filters which should be changed every 1-2 months.
This dry throat humidifier converts the a water bottle (16 to 20 oz ) into a water tank. Use the small adapter that comes in the package to attach to the water bottle before connecting it to the humidifier.
Remember to take extra precaution not to throw away the adapter when discarding the used bottle. Use with bottles that have standard sized necks such as Dasani, Aquafina, Smartwater, Fiji, Evian, or soda bottles as low profile necks do not fit in.
Cleaning Fancii Cool Mist Personal Mini Humidifier
To clean the spray output, wipe often with a cotton swab.
You sleep comfortably without disturbance as the humidifier for dry throat is quiet (< 15 db).
Packing for travel
Thoroughly drain and dry the personal portable humidifier. Pack it in such a way that you do not accidentally switch on and drain the battery.
18 month warranty
- Easy to assemble
- Quite powerful for the size
- Light and perfect for travel. You easily fit this best humidifier for skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair in your carry-on bag as you travel and use it to moisturize the air on the plane or in hotel room
- USB / battery power option great plus. USB gives a better performance than the battery option
- Good customer service
- Makes a great gift
- Should you need to plug the USB into an outlet you need an adapter
- There is a possibility of the water bottle collapsing when in use due to vacuum effect. A bottle with a heavier plastic works better. Some users poke a hole at the top of the inverted bottle.
- Some users find the LED lights intrusive. You can cover with tape
- Take care to completely drain the water chambers before packing for next travel
- Some water leakage. Place some dish underneath it to collect the leaking water
Want to know if this humidifier fits within your budget?
Humidifies rooms up to 250 square feet
Water reservoir can hold 0.4 gallon (1.5 liters) of water that gives you up to 16 hours of mist on maximum settings.
Being an ultrasonic humidifier that is like to emit white dust, it is recommended that you use distilled water to prevent the white dust.
The air humidifying unit blinks red when the water runs out and then shut off.
MistAire ULTRASONIC COOL MIST TECHNOLOGY safely moisturizes your skin, throat, nose, mouth or hair. You can set the mist output to either high or low as desired.
Cleaning the MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier that is good for your dry mouth comes with a brush for cleaning the tank and base. A weekly disinfection is also recommended and many users tend to be using vinegar.
You can direct the mist to the desired target via the 360° rotatable mist nozzle. Just swivel the top around.
Moreover, you get an optional night glow light for maximum relaxation.
Additionally, you get a 2 year warranty and 7 days a week customer service from a trusted brand
Sturdy water proof surface
- Enjoy a good flow cool, visible, moist air that will relieve baby’s colds, cough or congestion
- Great for those babies who are light sleepers as this air humidifier is super quiet
- 2 year warranty
- Small popular brand with great customer service
- You can unplug base from cord which means that you do not have to unplug the entire unit
- This humidifier for dry mouth does not need filters
- Too bright blue power button light
- As with other filter-less humidifiers, you are likely to note white dust in the immediate environment
Want to know if this humidifier fits within your budget?
Great for Medium bedrooms, baby rooms
The Vicks warm mist humidifier boils water. Then the steam is then cooled and diffused as warm mist. To control the vapor output, use the control knob with dual adjustable settings.
Bacteria /mold control.
You just have to love the Vicks warm mist if you experience allergy, asthma and sinus problems. The heating process kills 95% of bacteria, mold and spores and neutralizes allergens that may cause or aggravate the existing conditions.
Moreover, you can add the KAZ or Vicks Vaposteam inhalants to the medicine cup for additional relief. Wow!
It is easy to detach the 1 gallon water tank and refill it. You then get to enjoy 12 hours of warm mist. Moreover, the humidifier will shut off when tank is empty. Furthermore, the translucent tank shows the water levels.
Cleaning the Vicks warm mist humidifier
The humidifying unit is easy to take apart for cleaning. The large tank opening makes it easy to clean. The heating element needs a thorough clean up remove mineral build-up (refer to the cleaning tips in the tips and precaution section below).
3 year warranty
- Healthier mist as heating kills bacteria/virus/mold
- No filters needed thus no replacement cost
- This humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair does not disperse white dust
- Warm mist great during the cold winter season
- Not for large rooms
- Scalding likely…Place it out of the way and out of children’s reach
- Increase in energy cost courtesy of the heating process
- Some gurgling noise as the water boils but you also get those germs killed which is good for the allergies/asthma. However the noise is less on low setting
Want to know if this humidifier that assists your dry mouth fits within your budget?
Inspect the humidifier
Inspect and confirm that you have received all the items that are part of the package immediately upon receipt.
Also check out for defective or broken parts and if noted, take advantage of existing seller return policy and manufacturer warranty.
When assembling, thoroughly go through and follow the manufacturer’s assembly instructions. Should you need clarification, contact the company’s customer service department.
Monitor humidity levels
Get a hygrometer to measure the humidity level. Based on the readings, you can then set the mist output based on the current humidity level in the room.
It is good to note that the right level is within the 30-50% range. Should the level be below 30%, run the humidifying unit for a longer the time and on a higher setting.
Tank refilling your humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair
Follow the instructions. Use the tank opening and avoid using the nozzle as that will cause the humidifier for dry hair to malfunction.
To prevent spillage, position the tank properly. Fill the tank up to the recommended level as some humidifiers malfunction when you fill above this level.
For best mist, it is recommended that you use distilled water to reduce bacteria/mold build up in tank. Remember any germs in the water will find their way into the respiratory system and infect you.
Confirm if the filter-less humidifier you fancy can take in de-mineralization cartridges in the water tank to remove the minerals that result in white dust. (Source) EPA https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-08/documents/humidifier_factsheet.pdf
It is not advisable to refill with hot water.
When dealing with the water tanks that are upside down, have a towel to cover humidifier base. This is because some water may drip-off in the process of turning over the tank. It’s also advised that you to use both hands when lifting the prevent the dripping.
After the refill, dry the tank and base with a dry soft cloth. To prevent leakage, ensure the ring is in the proper place. Tightly screw the cap.
Cleaning the humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair
Follow the manufacturer instructions on how to remove and clean the tank and the other parts that come into contact with water. More frequent cleaning is advised especially when dealing with an infection.
Remember to also clean, dry and air the room humidifier filter and parts every so often.
Daily clean the water tank.
When not using distilled water, daily cleaning would save you the vigorous scrubbing of mineral build-up.
The manufacturer may recommend otherwise or the reservoir may last longer than a day but a daily cleaning regimen assures you get to inhale more fresh mist.
Warm mist descaling
For easier cleaning, descale the mineral deposits that get deposited on the element weekly with a 50:50 white vinegar/water solution. Soak for 20-30 minutes and then scrub using a soft brittle brush.
For better results, some users soak the humidifier overnight. Should you not properly clean the build-up, the humidifier may reduce effectiveness. The humidifier may even malfunction when you do not clean it for long.
Mist tube cleaning
Some users have discovered ways of getting the mist tube cleaned out. Tape the hole on the top and pour the vinegar solution and then hot water to clear any mineral build-up
Room humidifier placement
Place it on flat surface. However, follow manufacturer instructions as some would recommend placing on an elevated surface and others on a hard surface.
To deal with spillages or excess moisture, some users place absorbent materials under the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair.
Moreover, place the air humidifier away from highly trafficked areas to prevent tripping. In addition, remember that babies are naturally curious and place the humidifier out of their reach.
When you have a humidifier/ essential oil diffuser combo
Make sure to also clean out/replace the aroma pad. And, DO NOT put the oils in the water tank as the tank may degrade.
Moving your best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair
Switch off power, unplug, remove and empty the water tank to prevent spillage.
When the humidity level gets beyond the recommended level
Shut down the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair and turn on the AC or dehumidifier for a few minutes.
The room humidifier storage
In case you are not using the humidifying unit for a period of time, thoroughly clean, dry and air all parts before storage. Moreover, clean it before the next use.
When you find the light is too bright for your liking, tape it with duct tape or use a paper when you need to flip over to read the controls. Or face it away from the bed.
As you take the preventive measures at the beginning of the article, the best humidifier for dry skin, eyes, nose, throat, mouth and hair will greatly contribute to moisturizing the air. Make your choice from the above listed humidifying units and mitigate the effects of dry air impact on your health.
Properly clean the unit and keep enjoying moisturized air to prevent dry skin, throat. You also get to relieve colds, coughs, congestion, sinuses, allergies, asthma etc.
Click here to choose the best humidifier for sinus, asthma or allergies
When choosing the best humidifier for babies with cold, cough or congestion, click here to check out what to look out for.
What does a humidifier do for you?
And when looking for an easy to clean humidifier, check here